London, July 9 (ANI): Nine out of ten Germans access news everyday, according to a survey.
The Reuters Institute for the Study of Journalism Survey found that 54 percent people in the UK read a newspaper every week.
The study also suggested that UK readers have less interest in politics, and more interest in celebrity news, than their European counterparts, the BBC reports.
Over 6,000 people in five countries took part in the survey, which was conducted by YouGov.
The survey showed that men were more likely to read news than women, and young people were less interested in current affairs than their elders.
Celebrity news was more popular in the UK, with 21 percent people expressing an interest in stories about music, film and gossip.
Celebrity news, however, was important among only 9 percent people in Denmark, 14 percent in Germany and France, and 16 percent in the U.S..
Britons were more likely to find their news on-line than by any other medium.
Of those who accessed the news daily in the UK, 82 percent had read an on-line story in the last week, 76 percent had watched a TV bulletin, 54 percent had read a newspaper, and just 45 percent had listened to news on the radio.
UK engagement in political news was also low compared with the rest of Europe, which was at 37 percent.
Social media emerged as a growing influence, with one in five UK newshounds now likely to find a story on Facebook or Twitter. (ANI)
- Ben Harper's acoustic tour
- Fast fun at The Forks entices CBC national show for look
- Head Down to Soulicious for an Afternoon of Sunday Soul
- Nike Sko Norge Nettbutikk til gode priser!Billige Nike Shox Sko spare penger kveldsmat off.Kjøp Billige Nike Shox,Nike Free Sko,gratis frakt til døren din
- Bitter media divisions in polarized Argentina stoked by press-leery President ...
- Lena Dunham fronts over 'fat chick' insult
- Oakley Sunglasses shook soldiers also casually placed the gun in the car
- Win! Tickets to charity music day
- Explore Talent Announces New Article in Celebrity News Section, "98 Degrees Perform at the 'Today Show'"
- Iraq: US must show proof of Iranian arms flights
Submited at Monday, July 9th, 2012 at 10:30 am on gossip by sofia
Comment RSS 2.0 - leave a comment - trackback