MP: Music academy to honour Dara Singh
Bhopal: The Ravindra Jain Music Academy being constructed in the city will have a section of the building named after late wrestler-actor Dara Singh.
Dara Singh had donated Rs 10 lakh to the academy on February 11, 2008 when he was a Member of Parliament and now it has been decided to name a section of it after him, a release issued by the academy here said.
Noted music director Ravindra Jain is setting up the academy, who had also given music for the famous tv serial ‘Ramayan’ in which Dara Singh played the role of Hanuman.
It was during the making of the serial that Dara Singh came close to Jain and because of his association with the musician, he donated money to the academy. The 83-year-old actor passed away at his home in Mumbai yesterday after suffering a cardiac arrest.
Latest News from Madhya Pradesh News Desk
Tags: Ravindra Jain Music Academy, Dara Singh, dara singh music academy, music academy in Bhopal
- Starmobile unveils smartphone-like, ultra-affordable dual-SIM phone
- Wachowskis of 'The Matrix' to make 10-episode sci-fi series for Netflix
- Mud, Sweat And Beers: Splendour In The Grass Day One
- Michelle Obama to visit Sikh temple victims' family
- TV director-producer Robert Finkel dies at 94
- Alleged reality TV producer faces new charges
- Rob Kardashian Lied About Going to U.S.C.
- Terror often disrupts movies within movies
- Review: GrooveLily's 'Wheelhouse' at TheatreWorks
- Washington Jewish Music Festival opens this week, runs through May 11
Submited at Friday, July 13th, 2012 at 9:30 am on music by sofia
Comment RSS 2.0 - leave a comment - trackback